Monday, December 10, 2007

2007 - when will it end?

I received a call from my mother Saturday morning that my SIL, Angel's, only brother and only boy of 8 kids, was killed Friday evening in a one car accident. He hit a patch of black ice coming off the interstate in Nebraska, where he lives, hit something and flipped his pickup truck. Not that receiving this news at any time of the year is good but Angel got it the day before her 40th birthday. Happy Fucking Birthday to her.

2007 has been one hell of a year for me and my family. First, DH didn't get a secure, decent paying job until March. In May, my bro gets the news that his childhood best friend committed suicide. July -my sister passes away from complications due to chemotherapy treatments just 6 weeks from the diagnosis of leukemia. And now Angel's brother, Paul.

2008 can't come fast enough! Ugh!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. And here I was bitching and moaning 'cause my kids were being 3 and 5. I really need to take a step back and shake off this funk I am in. Hang in there, I've been there where one year or two has been total hell (in all reality) and it does get better. *hugs*