Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Child-free Week

This Saturday G leaves for 7 nights, 8 days with the ILs for their annual Lake of the Ozarks trip. Woo hoo! This is the longest time she will be away from us since she was 2 1/2 when we went to Puerta Vallerta.

You know what this means don't you? D and I will actually get to enjoy our "alone" time in our bed instead of the living room floor. And there is potential to make it last longer than 10-15 minutes because we aren't having to worry about her walking in on us. We also will get to catch up on watching all the inappropriate movies that she can't watch AND go to a couple of restaurants that she doesn't like because she is such a picky eater.

She told me last night she was getting nervous about being gone for so long away from us. That trip we went on when she was 2 1/2? Well, let's just say we had some abandonment issues with her that took us almost a year to figure out why she wouldn't stay overnight with grandparents or her Aunt Di Di anymore. That lasted until she was around 5 and then we had a relapse again at age 9. She went on an overnight school field trip without me and she got freaked out. She still won't go spend overnight at friend's houses and only has stayed overnight at ILs house twice since that time. Well, I assured her she was going to be fine because she was going with grandma and grandpa, who would spoil her and she was going to get to swim everyday, etc. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't get too homesick. I don't think she will but my girl has a tendency to over think things before they happen and worry about potential bad things and then she gets a pleasant surprise when it didn't turn out as bad as she thought. Up until it happens, she drives me bat shit crazy about it!

So the husband and I get to relive the days of what it was like before we had a kid. While I'm looking forward to the break, I know that I'll miss my smart-mouth, drama queen, baby girl.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Longer than 10-15 minutes??? You mean it can actually last longer than than that, and you would WANT it to? :)

sltbee69 said...

LMAO! I would normally agree with you but lately, there's been little to no foreplay and I NEED that!

MarshaCF said...

Oh boy! Have fun between the sheets next week girl. Hubba Hubba!

I'm sure Gabby will be fine, I bet she will have so much fun that the time will just fly by.

krissy said...

OMG......Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Go, run to the nearest "toy" store and make this one hell of a sex romp....

Trust me...who's your sex Diva???

Woo-hoo!

Crazed Nitwit said...

My 17yo leaves Saturday for a week. YEEHAW!


Sex? I wants me some of that. Hubby turned me down last weekend. :(

Guinea Pig said...

Can I just say I'M SO JEALOUS!

Lisa said...

Oh looks like you two will be busy, busy! Am envious! (More so about getting to go to restaurants you'd rather go to!)

Me said...

Sounds like a good time!

krissy said...

Just checking to see how your "special" weekend was. How was the bed? Did you get wild and crazy? Am I asking to many private questions????